Monday, March 21, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - Sincerity and having an intention for all actions, words and states, outward and inward - Hadith

Chapter on Sincerity and having
an intention for all actions, words and states, outward and inward

Allah Almighty says, "They were only ordered to worship Allah,
making their deen sincerely His as people of pure natural belief,
and to establish the prayer and pay zakat ­ that is the correct
deen,"
(98:5) and the Almighty says, "Their flesh and blood
does not reach Allah but your fear of Him does reach Him."
(W22:35;
H322:37) and the Almighty says, "Say, 'Whether you conceal what
is in your breasts or make it known, Allah knows it.'"
(3:29)

 

1. The Amir al-Mu'minin, Abu Hafs 'Umar ibn al-Khattab said, "I heard
the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say,
'Actions only go by intentions. Everyone gets what they intend. Anyone,
therefore, who emigrates to Allah and His Messenger, his emigration
is indeed to Allah and His Messenger. But anyone who emigrates to gain
something of this world or to marry a woman, his emigration is to that
to which he emigrated.'" [Agreed to be sound]

2. 'A'isha, Umm al-Mu'minin, Umm 'Abdullah said, "The Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'An army will
invade the Ka'ba. When they are at Bayda', the earth will swallow them
up from the first to the last of them.'" She said, "I said, 'Messenger
of Allah, how will it swallow them up from the first to the last of
them when their traders are among them as well as others who are not
really part of them?' He said, 'It will swallow them up from the first
to the last of them and then they will resurrected according to their
intentions.'" [Agreed upon. This is the version in al-Bukhari.]

3. 'A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her said, "The Prophet, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'There is no more hijra after
the Conquest [of Makka], but there is jihad and intention. When you
are called to it then go." [Agreed upon]

4. Abu 'Abdullah Jabir ibn 'Abdullah al-Ansari said, "Once we were
with the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, on an expedition
and he said, 'There are certain men still in Madina who have accompanied
you on every stretch you have travelled and every valley you have crossed.
It was only illness that prevented them from coming.'"

One variant has, "from their sharing the reward with us." [Muslim]

Al-Bukhari related it from Anas who said, "We returned from the expedition
to Tabuk with the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
and he said, 'Some people have stayed behind in Madina and we did not
travel through a ravine or a valley without their accompanying us. A
valid excuse prevented them from coming.'"

5. Abu Yazid Ma'n ibn Yazid ibn al-Akhnas ­ and he, his father and
grandfather were Companions ­ said, "My father, Yazid, had put aside
some dinars to give as sadaqa and placed them in the care of
a man in the mosque and then I came and took them and brought them to
him. He said, 'By Allah, I did not mean you!' I took the case to the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he
said, 'Yazid, for you what you intended, and for you, Ma'n, what you
took.'" [al-Bukhari]

6. Abu Ishaq Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas Malik ibn Uhayb ibn 'Abdu Manaf
ibn Zuhra ibn Kilab ibn Murra ibn Ka'b ibn Lu'ayy al-Qurashi az-Zuhri,
one of the ten testified who would have the Garden, may Allah be pleased
with them, said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, visited me in the year of the Hajj of Farewell on account
of a serious illness I had. I said, 'Messenger of Allah, this illness
has affected me as you see and I have property but no heirs other than
my daughter. Shall I give two-thirds of my property away as sadaqa?'
He replied, 'No.' I asked, 'A half?' He replied, 'No.' He said, 'A third,
and a third is great (or a lot). It is better to leave rich heirs than
to leave them poor, begging from other people. There is nothing you
spend, desiring by it the face of Allah, but that you will be rewarded,
even for a morsel you put in your wife's mouth.' I said, 'Messenger
of Allah, will I be left behind [in Makka] after my companions leave?'
He said, 'You will not be left behind, for any virtuous actions you
do will raise you in degree and elevation. And then perhaps you might
be left behind so that some people will benefit from you and others
be harmed by you. O Allah, let My Companions complete their emigration
and do not let them turn back on their heels,' but poor Sa'd ibn Khawla
had the Messenger of Allah grieve over his death in Makka." [Agreed
upon] [Muslim]

7. Abu Hurayra 'Abdu'r-Rahman ibn Sakhr said that the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah does not
look at your bodies nor your forms but He looks at your hearts and your
actions."

8. Abu Musa 'Abdullah ibn Qays al-Ash'ari said, "The Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was asked about the
man who fights in anger, a man who fights to defend himself and a man
who fights to show off, and whether any of these were fighting in the
way of Allah The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said, 'The one fights so that the word of Allah will be uppermost
is in the way of Allah.'" [Agreed upon]

9. Abu Bakra Nufay' ibn al-Harith ath-Thaqafi said, "The Prophet,
may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'When two Muslims clash
with their swords, then both the killer and killed are in the Fire.'
I asked, "Messenger of Allah, I can understand this with regard to the
killer, but what about the murdered man?' He replied, 'He also was eager
to kill his companion.'" [Agreed upon]

10. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, said, "The group prayer of a man is some twenty
degrees higher than his prayer in his business or his house. That is
because when one of you does wudu' thoroughly and then goes to
the mosque with no other object than that of doing the prayer, without
being impelled by anything other than the prayer, Allah will raise him
up a degree with every step he takes, and a wrong action will also fall
away from him, until he enters the mosque. When he enters the mosque,
he is in prayer the whole time he is waiting for it and the angels pray
for him all the time he is sitting there, saying, 'O Allah! Show mercy
to him! O Allah! Forgive him! O Allah! Turn towards him!' as long as
he has not caused anyone injury and has not broken wudu'." [Agreed
upon. This is the version in Muslim]

11. Abu'l-'Abbas 'Abdullah ibn 'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas ibn 'Abdu'l-Muttalib
said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said in what he reported from his Lord, the Mighty and Majestic,
"Allah wrote good actions and bad actions and then made that clear.
Whoever intends to do a good action and then does not do it, Allah,
the Blessed and Exalted, will write a full good action for him. If he
intends to do it and then does it, Allah will write ten to seven hundred
good actions multiplied many times over. If he intends an evil action
and then does not do it, Allah will write a full good action for him.
If he intends it and then does it, Allah will write one bad action for
him." [Agreed upon]

12. Abu 'Abdu'r-Rahman 'Umar ibn al-Khattab said, "I heard the Messenger
of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Three men of
the past were travelling and took refuge for the night in a cave. They
entered it and a rock fell down the mountain and blocked the entrance.
They said, 'The only thing that will rescue us from this rock is to
call on Allah invoking good actions we have done!' One of them said,
"O Allah, my parents are both old and it is my habit never to give milk
in the evening either to my family or friends before giving it to them
first. One day I went a long way in search of something and did not
reach them until they had already gone to bed. I milked their evening
drink but found them asleep. I did not want to wake them nor to give
my family or friends their evening drink before they had had theirs,
so I remained with the cup in my hand waiting for them to wake up until
dawn came. The children were at my feet, crying because of hunger. Then
they woke up and drank their drink. O Allah, if I did that out of the
desire for Your Face, then rescue us from the situation we are in regarding
this rock." It opened up a little but they still could not get out.
The second said, "O Allah! A cousin of mine was the person I loved more
than any other. (Another variant has, "I used to love one of my uncle's
daughters with the most intense love it is possible for a man to have
for a woman.") I tried to seduce her and she refused me until, one year
when she was in dire need, she came to me and I gave her a hundred and
twenty dinars provided that she would let me do what I wanted with her.
She did that but when I was about to have my way with her, (One variant
has, "when I was between her legs.") she said, 'Fear Allah and do not
break the seal without having the right to do so.' Then I left her alone
in spite of the fact that she was, of all people, the one I loved the
most and also left her with the gold I had given her. O Allah, if I
did that out of the desire for Your Face, then rescue us from our situation!"
The rock moved a little further but they still could not get out. The
third said, "O Allah, I employed some workers and gave all of them their
wages except for one man who went off without taking what he was owed.
I invested his wage until it multiplied in value. After a time he came
to me and said, ''Abdullah, pay me my wage!' I said, 'All the camels,
cattle, sheep and slaves that you see here have come from your wage.'
He said, ''Abdullah, do not make fun of me?' I said, 'I am not making
fun of you.' He took them all and drove them off, not leaving anything.
O Allah, if I did that out of the desire for Your Face, then rescue
us from the situation we are in!" The rock moved away and they walked
out.'" [Agreed upon]

 

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

Find the true guidance through read Quran online, and full fill your deputy to learn Quran online  because holy Quran online is the guidance for all the men kind and Allah speaks the truth so follow the things which Allah messenger prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) have thought us and for Muslim who want to Listen Quran online, for the top reciters from quran blog Quran Recitation Mishary bin Rashid

Mishary bin Rashid with Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

Mishary bin Rashid with Urdu Translation

Quran recitation sudais

Quran recitation Sudais & Shuraym English Quran Recitation of Naeem Sultan

Sudais, Shuraym with Urdu Translation

Quran Recitation Quri Abdul Basit

Quri Abdul Basit With Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

AbdulBaset AbdulSamad, Urdu Translation

 

No comments: