Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - On someone saying farewell and his advice when he departs on a journey and supplication for him and by him Hadith

 

Chapter: On someone saying
farewell and his advice when he departs on a journey and supplication for him
and by him

Allah Almighty says, "Ibrahim directed his sons to this, as did
Ya'qub: 'My sons! Allah has chosen this deen for you so do not die except as
Muslims.' Or were you present when death came to Ya'qub and he said to his
sons, 'What will you worship when I have gone?' They said, 'We will worship
your God, the God of your forefathers, Ibrahim and Isma'il and Ishaq – one
God. We are Muslims submitting to Him.'"
(W2:131-132; H2:132-133)

 

712. There is the hadith of Zayd ibn Arqam which was already included in the
chapter of honouring the people of the House of the Messenger of Allah. He said,
"The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, stood up to
speak to us. He praised and glorified Allah and warned and reminded. Then he
said, 'O people, I am a mortal to whom the messenger of my Lord is about to come
and I will answer. I am leaving two great things among you. The first of them is
the Book of Allah which contains guidance and light. So take the Book of Allah
and cling firmly to it.' He promoted the Book of Allah and stimulated our desire
for it. Then he said, 'The people of my House. I remind you of Allah in respect
of the people of my House.'" [Muslim]

713. Abu Sulayman Malik ibn al-Huwayrith said, "We went to the Prophet, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, and we were a group of young men. We stayed
with him for twenty days and the Prophet was kind and merciful. He thought that
we were missing our families and asked about those we had left behind. He said,
'Return to your country and stay among them, teach them and instruct them. They
should pray such-and-such at such-and-such a time and such-and-such a prayer at
such-and-such a time. When it is time for prayer, one of you should give the
adhan and the oldest of you should be the Imam " [Agreed upon]

714. 'Umar ibn al-Khattab said, "I asked the Prophet's permission to make
'umra
and he gave me permission and said, 'My brother, do not forget us in
your supplication.' He spoke a word which I would not be happy to exchange for
the whole of this world." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

In one variant, he said, "Give us a share in your supplication, my brother."

715. Salim ibn 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar reported that 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar used to
say to a man when he was about to travel, "Come near to me so that I can say
farewell to you as the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, used to say farewell to us, saying, 'I commend to Allah your deen and
your trust and your final actions." [at-Tirmidhi]

716. 'Abdullah ibn Yazid al-Khatmi the Companion said, "When the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, wanted to say farewell to the
army, he said, 'I commend to Allah your deen and your trust and your final
actions.'" [Abu Dawud]

717. Anas said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah, I want to travel, so provision me.' He
said, 'May Allah provision you with taqwa.' He said, 'Give me more.' He
said, 'And forgive your wrong actions.' He said, 'Give me more.' He said, 'And
may He make good easy for you wherever you are.'" [at-Tirmidhi]

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

The true knowledge of Islam is in reading quran online  and bring the true succeed in to our daily life we should learn holy quran online as much as we could and not just in Arabic but try to understand the meaning of it so when ever we listen to quran online we can understand the Koran and learn how to read quran online it gives us the guidance to bring the purity in to our life with the true way and also spread the word of Islam and its knowledge to all over the world find  holy quran reciter and more Islamic articles in this learning quran blog and feel free to spread it further as much as you could

No comments: