Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - On the recommendation to convey good news and congratulate people Hadith

Chapter: On the recommendation to
convey good news and congratulate people

Allah Almighty says, "So give good news to My slaves. Those who
listen well to what is said and follow the best of it,"
(W39:16-17;
H39:17-18)

and the Almighty says, "Their Lord gives them the good news of
His mercy and good pleasure and Gardens where they will enjoy everlasting
delight"
(9:21)

The Almighty says, "Rejoice in the Garden you have been
promised,"
(W41:29; H41:30)

and the Almighty says, "We gave him the
good news of a forbearing boy."
(37:101)

The Almighty says, "Our
messengers brought the good news to Ibrahim,"
(W11:68; H11:69)

and the
Almighty says, "His wife was standing there and laughed. So We gave her the
good news of Ishaq, and beyond Ishaq, Ya'qub."
(W11:70; H11:71)

The
Almighty says, "The angels called out to him while he was standing in
prayer in the Upper Room: 'Allah gives you the good news of Yahya',"

(W3:38; H3:39)

and the Almighty says, "When the angels said, 'Maryam, Your
Lord gives you the good news of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah,
'Isa, son of Maryam.'"
(3:45)

 

708. Abu Ibrahim, and it is said Abu Muhammad or Abu Mu'awiya, 'Abdullah ibn
Abi Awfa reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, gave Khadija the good news of a house of pearls in the Garden, in which
there is no shouting and no fatigue." [Agreed upon]

709. Abu Musa al-Ash'ari did wudu' in his house and then went out and
said, "I will stay close to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, and be with him on this day." He went to the mosque and asked
where the Prophet was and they said, "He went there." He said, "I followed after
him asking about him until he entered the Well of Aris. I sat at the gate until
the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had finished
and was doing wudu'. I went up to him and he was sitting at the Well of Aris on
the middle of the rim with his legs dangling into the well. I greeted him and
then went and sat at the gate. I said, 'I will be the doorkeeper of the
Messenger of Allah today.' Abu Bakr came and knocked at the door. I said, 'Who
is it?' He said, 'Abu Bakr.' I said, 'Hold on!' I went and said, 'Messenger of
Allah, it is Abu Bakr asking permission to come in.' He said, 'Let him in and
give him the good news of the Garden.' I went and said to Abu Bakr, 'Enter and
the Messenger of Allah gives you the good news of the Garden.' Abu Bakr went in
and sat at the right side of the Prophet on the rim and dangled his feet in the
well as the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had
done, uncovering his legs. Then I went back and sat down. I had left my brother
at home doing wudu' intending to join me. I said, 'If Allah desires good for
someone' - meaning his brother - 'He will bring him.' Then a man moved the gate
and I said, 'Who is it?' He said, ''Umar ibn al-Khattab.' I said, 'Hold on!'
Then I went to the Messenger of Allah and greeted him and said, 'It is 'Umar
asking permission to come in.' He said, 'Let him in and give him the good news
of the Garden.' I went to 'Umar and said, 'Enter and the Messenger of Allah
gives you the good news of the Garden.' 'Umar went in and sat at the left side
of the Prophet on the rim and dangled his feet in the well like the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. Then I went back and sat down. I
said, 'If Allah desires good for someone' - meaning his brother - 'He will bring
him.' Then a man moved the gate and I said, 'Who is it?' He said, ''Uthman ibn
'Affan.' I said, 'Hold on!' Then I went to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, and told him. He said, 'Let him in and give him the good news
of the Garden as well as an affliction which will befall him.' I came and said,
'Enter and the Messenger of Allah gives you the good news of the Garden as well
as an affliction which will befall you.' He entered and found the rim fully
occupied, so he sat opposite them on the other side." Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab
said, "I interpreted it as their graves." [Agreed upon]

There is an addition in a variant, "The Messenger of Allah commanded me to
guard the door." Also, "When 'Uthman was given the good news, he praised Allah
Almighty and then said, 'Allah is the One who is asked for help.'"

710. Abu Hurayra said, "We were sitting around the Messenger of Allah, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, and Abu Bakr and 'Umar were among us in a
group and the Messenger of Allah rose up from among us and was slow in coming
back to us and we were afraid that something had happened to him while he was
not with us. We were alarmed and got up. I was the first to be alarmed and I
went out to look for the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, and I came upon him in a garden belonging to the Ansar belonging to the
Banu'n-Najjar. I walked round it to see if I could find its door but I did not
find it. There was a brook which flowed into the garden from a well outside it.
A brook is a small stream and I crawled along it and got inside to where the
Messenger of Allah was. He said, 'Abu Hurayra?' I said, 'Yes, Messenger of
Allah.' He said, 'What are you doing?' I said, 'You were among us and then you
got up and were slow coming back to us and we were afraid that something had
happened to you and became alarmed. I was the first to be alarmed and I came to
this garden and crawled along like a fox does. The others are behind me.' He
said, 'Abu Hurayra!' and he gave me his sandals. He said, 'Take these two
sandals of mine and give the good news of the Garden to whoever you meet in
front of this garden who testifies that "There is no god but Allah", his heart
being certain of it.'" He mentioned the full hadith. [Muslim]

711. Shamasa said, "We were with 'Amr ibn al-'As when he was near to death.
He wept for a long time and turned his face to the wall. His son began to say,
'Father, did not the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, give you the good news of that? Did not the Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, give you the good news of that?' He turned his
face and said, 'The best we can prepare is the testimony of "There is no god but
Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah." I have been through three stages.
I remember when there was no one with greater enmity for the Messenger of
Allah,may Allah bless him and grant him peace, than I and I wanted nothing more
than to have power over him so I could kill him. If I had died in that state, I
would have been one of the people of the Fire. When Allah put Islam into my
heart, I came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said,
'Extend your right hand so that I can offer you allegiance.' He stretched out
his right hand and I withdrew my hand. He said, 'What is wrong, 'Amr?' I said,
'I want to make a condition.' He said, 'What is your condition?' I said, 'That I
be forgiven.' He said, 'Do you not know that Islam wipes out everything before
it and that emigration wipes out everything before it and that the pilgrimage
wipes out everything before it?' There was no one I loved more than the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and no one was more
esteemed in my eyes than him. I could not look him full in the face out of
respect for him. If I were to be asked to describe him, I would not be able to
because I could not look him full in the face. If I had died in that state, I
hope that I would have been one of the people of the Garden. Then we were put in
charge of things and I do not know what my state is in respect of them. When I
die, no female mourner nor fire should accompany me. When you bury me, then
throw the earth over me gently. Then stand around my grave for as long as it
takes to slaughter a camel and divide its meat so that I can be comforted by you
and see what answer I should make to the messengers of my Lord." [Muslim]

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

The true knowledge of Islam is in reading quran online  and bring the true succeed in to our daily life we should learn holy quran online as much as we could and not just in Arabic but try to understand the meaning of it so when ever we listen to quran online we can understand the Koran and learn how to read quran online it gives us the guidance to bring the purity in to our life with the true way and also spread the word of Islam and its knowledge to all over the world find  holy quran reciter and more Islamic articles in this learning quran blog and feel free to spread it further as much as you could

No comments: