Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - On encouraging the recitation of certain suras and ayats Hadith

Chapter: On encouraging the
recitation of certain suras and ayats

 

1009. Abu Sa'id Rafi' ibn al-Mu'alla said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, said to me, 'Shall I teach you the greatest
sura of the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?' He took my hand. When we
were about to leave, I said, 'Messenger of Allah, you said, "I will teach you
the greatest sura of the Qur'an?"' He said, '"Praise be to Allah, Lord of
the worlds" (the beginning of the Fatiha) are the Seven Oft-repeated ones
and the Immense Qur'an which I was given.'" [al-Bukhari]

1010. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, said about the sura, "Say: He is Allah,
Absolute Oneness"
(112)"By the One in whose hand my soul is, it is equal to
a third of the Qur'an."

In a variant is that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, said to his Companions, "Are any of you unable to recite a third of
the Qur'an in a night?" That was difficult for them and they said, "Which of us
is able to do that, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "[The sura] 'Say: He
is Allah, Absolute Oneness, Allah, the Everlasting Sustainer of all'
(112)
constitutes a third of the Qur'an.'" [al-Bukhari]

1011. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said that a man heard another man reciting,
"Say: He is Allah, Absolute Oneness," (112) and repeating it. In the
morning he went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, and mentioned that to him, and it was as if he was belittling the man.
The Messenger of Allah said to him, "By the One who has my soul in His hand, it
is equal to a third of the Qur'an." [al-Bukhari]

1012. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said that "Say: He is Allah, Absolute Oneness" is
equal to a third of the Qur'an. [Muslim]

1013. Anas mentioned that a man said, "Messenger of Allah, I love this
sura, 'Say: He is Allah, Absolute Oneness'." He said, "Love of it will
take you into the Garden." [at-Tirmidhi]

1014. 'Uqba ibn 'Amir reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, said, "Have you not seen the ayats sent down this night
the like of which have never been seen before? 'Say: I seek refuge with the
Lord of Daybreak,'
and 'Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of
mankind.'"
(113 & 114) [Muslim]

1015. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, used to take refuge from the jinn and from men until the
two suras of refuge were sent down. When they were sent down, he utilised
them and left other things." [at-Tirmidhi]

1016. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "The Qur'an contains a sura of thirty
ayats which will intercede for a man until he is forgiven. It is:
'Blessed be He who has the Kingdom in His Hand!'
(67)" {Abu Dawud and
at-Tirmidhi]

1017. Abu Mas'ud al-Badri reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "If anyone recites the two ayats at the end of Surat
al-Baqara
(2) at night, they will be enough for him." [Agreed upon]

1018. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "Do not turn your houses into graves. Shaytan is
barred from any house in which Surat al-Baqara (2) is recited." [Muslim]

1019. Ubayy ibn Ka'b reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, said, "O Abu'l-Mundhir! Do you know which ayat
in the Book of Allah is greatest you have?' I said, 'Allah. there is no god
but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining.'
(W2:253; H2:256) He struck me on
the chest and said, 'May knowledge delight you, Abu'l-Mundhir!'" [Muslim]

1020. Abu Hurayra said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, put me in charge of guarding the zakat of Ramadan. Someone came
and began to take handfuls of food. I grabbed him and said, 'By Allah, I will
take you to the Messenger of Allah!' He said, 'I am needy and have a large
family and I am in dire need.' I let him go and in the morning the Prophet said,
'Abu Hurayra, what did you do with your prisoner yesterday?' I said, 'Messenger
of Allah, he complained of dire need and a large family, so I showed mercy to
him and let him go on his way.' He said, 'He lied to you and he will come back.'
So, from the words of the Messenger of Allah, I knew that he would come back.
Therefore, I lay in wait for him and he came and once more began to take
handfuls of food. I seized him and said, 'I will take you to the Messenger of
Allah!' He said, 'Let me go. I am in need and have a large family. I will not
come back again.' I had mercy on him and let him go his way. In the morning the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said to me, 'Abu
Hurayra, what did you do with your prisoner yesterday?' I said, 'Messenger of
Allah, he complained of dire need and a large family, so I showed mercy to him
and let him go on his way.' He said, 'He lied to you and he will come back.' So
I lay in wait for him a third time and he came and began to take handfuls of
food. I grabbed him and said, 'I will take you to the Messenger of Allah! This
is the third time. You claimed you would not come back and then you came back.'
He said, 'Let me go. I will teach you some words which will help you with
Allah.' I said, 'What are they?' He said, 'When you go to bed, recite the Throne
Verse, "Allah, there is no god but Him, the Living, the
Self-Sustaining..."
to the end of the ayat. You will have someone
guarding over you from Allah and shaytan will not come near you until morning.'
So I let him go his way. In the morning, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, said to me, 'What did you do with your prisoner
yesterday?' I said, 'Messenger of Allah, he claimed that he would teach me some
words which would help me with Allah, so I let him go his way.' He said, 'What
are they?' I said, 'He said to me, "When you go to bed, recite the Throne Verse
to the end: 'Allah, there is no god but Him, the Living, the
Self-Sustaining'.
" He said to me, "You will have someone guarding over you
from Allah and shaytan will not come near you until morning."' The Prophet, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "He told you the truth even though he
is a liar. Do you know whom you were speaking with on these three days, Abu
Hurayra?'" He said, "No." The Prophet said, "It was Shaytan." [al-Bukhari]

1021. Abu'd-Darda' reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who memorises ten ayats from the
beginning of Surat al-Kahf (18) will be protected from the Dajjal."
[Muslim]

One variant has, "from the end of Surat al-Kahf."

1022. Ibn 'Abbas said, "While Jibril, peace be upon him, was sitting with the
Prophet, he heard a sound above him and raised his head. He said, 'This is a
door of heaven which has been opened today and which has never been opened
before today. An angel descended from it.' He said, 'This is an angel who has
descended to earth who has never descended before today.' He gave the greeting
and said, 'Give the good news of two lights which you have been given and which
no Prophet before you was given: the Fatiha of the Book and the end of
Surat al-Baqara (2). You will not recite a letter of them without being
given it.'" [Muslim]

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

Learn Quran Online is one of the contemporary styles of reading and learning Quran online. If you have been facing issues in teaching Quran to your young ones, you have your problems solved now learning Quran online is easy for yourself as well and at the same time, your kids can also benefit from it. and listen quran online from online quran reciter and practice to learn holy quran online with the tajweed and be perfect to reading quran online its not a wonder now its on your door step just a click away and you are there

No comments: