Monday, March 21, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - Striving (Mujahada) - Hadith

Chapter: On
Striving (Mujahada)

 

Allah Almighty says, "As for those do jihad in Our Way, We will
guide them to Our paths. Truly Allah is with the good-doers,"
(29:69)

and
the Almighty says, "And worship your Lord until whay is Certain comes to
you."
(15:99)

The Almighty says, "Remember the Name of your Lord, and
devote yourself to Him completely,"
(73:7)

and the Almighty says,
"Whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it" (W99:8; H99:7)

The
Almighty says, "Whatever good you send ahead for your yourselves, you will
find it with Allah as something better and as a greater reward."
(W73;18;
H73:20)

The Almighty says, "Whatever good you give away, be Allah knows
it."
(W2:272; H2:273)

95. Abu Hurayra said that the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah Almighty said, 'I
have declared war on anyone who shows enmity to a friend of Mine. My slave does
not draw near to Me with anything I love more than what I have made obligatory
on him. And my slave continues to draw near to Me with superogatory actions
until I love him. When I love him, I become his hearing with which he hears, his
seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with
which he walks. If he were to ask Me for something, I would give it to him. If
he were to ask Me for refuge, I would give him refuge.'" [al-Bukhari]

96. Anas reported from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
in what he reported from his Lord, the Mighty and Majestic. He said, "When the
slave comes towards Me a hand-span, I go an arm-length towards him. When he
comes towards Me an arm-length, I go a fathom towards him. When he comes towards
Me walking, I go towards him running." [al-Bukhari]

97. Ibn 'Abbas said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "There are two blessings which deceive many people:
health and free time." [al-Bukhari]

98. 'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, used to pray at night until his feet became cracked. "I said to him, 'Why
do you do this. Messenger of Allah, when Allah has forgiven you all your past
and future wrong actions?' He said, 'Do I not want to be a grateful slave?'"
[Agreed upon. This is the variant of al-Bukhari]

99. 'A'isha said, "When the last ten nights [of Ramadan] began, the Messenger
of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, would stay up during the
night praying, and wake up his family, strive and devote himself to worship."
[Agreed upon]

100. Abu Hurayra said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah
than the weak believer although there is good in each. Desire that which will
bring you benefit, and seek help from Allah and do not give way to incapacity.
If something happens to you, do not say, 'If only I had done such-and-such.'
Rather say, 'The decree of Allah. He does what He will.' Otherwise you will open
yourself up to the action of Shaytan." [Muslim]

101. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "The Fire is veiled by indulgence of appetites and
the Garden is veiled by things people dislike." [Agreed upon]

The variant of Muslim has "surrounded" instead of "veiled" meaning there is
this veil between him and it. When he does it, he enters it.

102. Abu 'Abdullah Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman said, "I prayed with the Prophet,
may Allah bless him and grant him peace, one night, and he began with
al-Baqara. I said, 'He will go into ruku' after a hundred verses.'
But he continued and I said, 'He will pray with all of it in the rak'at,' but he
continued. I said, 'He will do the ruku' after it,' but he went on and
then began an-Nisa' and recited it and then began Ali 'Imran and
recited that, and he recited with deliberation. When he recited a verse
containing glorification, he would glorify. When he recited a request, he would
ask, and when he recited a verse seeking refuge, he would seek refuge. Then he
went into ruku' and began to say, 'Glory be to my Lord, the Immense.' His
ruku' was about the same length as his standing. Then he said, 'Allah hears
whoever praises Him. Our Lord, praise is Yours.' Then he stood for a long time,
about as long as had bowed. Then he prostrated and said, 'Glory be to my Lord,
the Most High.' His prostration was about as long as his standing." [Muslim]

103. Ibn Mas'ud said, "I prayed in the night with the Prophet, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, and he stood so long that I wanted to do
something awful." He was asked, "What did you want to do?" He said, "I wanted
sit down and leave him." [Agreed upon]

104. Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, said, "Three things follow a dead person: his family, his property
and his actions. Two of them return and one remains with him. His family and
property return and his actions remain." [Agreed upon]

105. Ibn Mas'ud said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said, "The Garden is nearer to you than the strap of your sandal, and the
Fire is the same." [al-Bukhari]

106. Abu Firas Rabi'a ibn Ka'b al-Aslami, the servant of the Messenger of
Allah and one of the People of the Suffa, who said, "I used to spend the night
with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and I
would bring him his wudu' water and whatever he needed. He said, 'Ask of
me.' I said, 'I ask you for your friendship in the Garden.' He said, 'Something
else as well?' I said, 'I only want that.' He said, 'Help me against your self
by means of a lot of prostration.'" [Muslim]

107. Abu 'Abdullah (or it is said Abu 'Abdu'r-Rahman) Thawban, the client of
the Messenger of Allah, said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, say, 'You must do a lot of prostration. For you do not
do a single prostration to Allah without Allah raising you up a degree by it and
shedding a wrong action from you.'" [Muslim]

108. Abu Safwan 'Abdullah ibn Busr al-Aslami reported that the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The best of people is the
one who lives a long life and whose actions are good." [at-Tirmidhi]

109. Anas said, "My uncle, Anas ibn an-Nadr, missed the fighting at Badr and
said, 'Messenger of Allah, I missed the first battle in which you fought the
idolworshippers. If Allah gives me the opportunity to fight the idolaters, Allah
will see what I shall do!' On the Day of Uhud, the Muslims were routed and he
said, 'O Allah, I apologise to You for what these people have done (i.e. his
companions) and I declare myself innocent to You of what those people have done,
(i.e. the idolworshippers).' Then he went forward and Sa'd ibn Mu'adh met him.
He said, 'O Sa'd ibn Mu'adh! The Garden, by the Lord of the Ka'ba! I smell its
fragrance from below Uhud!' Sa'd said, 'Messenger of Allah, I could not do what
he did.'" Anas said, "We found him with about eighty wounds, sword thrusts or
spear stabs or arrows. We found that he had been killed and the idolworshippers
had mutiliated him. No one could recognise him except for his sister by his
fingertips.' Anas said, "We used to think or suppose that this ayat was sent
down about him and his like, 'Among the believers are men who have been true
to the contract they made with Allah.'
(33:23)" [Agreed upon]

110. Abu Mas'ud 'Uqba ibn 'Amr al-Ansari al-Badri said, "When the ayat of
sadaqa was sent down, we were working as porters. A man would come and give a
lot of sadaqa and they would say, 'Just showing-off!' Another man would
come and give a sa' in sadaqa and they would say, 'Allah has no need of the
sa'
of this person!' So it was revealed, 'As for the people who find
fault with those believers who give sadaqa spontaneously, and with those who can
find nothing to give but their own efforts ...'
"(W9:80; H9:79)" [Agreed
upon]

111. Sa'id ibn 'Abdu'l-'Aziz from Rabi'a ibn Yazid from Abu Idris al-Khawlani
from Abu Dharr Jundub ibn Junada reported from the Prophet, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, in what is related from what Allah the Blessed and Almighty
said, "O My slaves! I have forbidden injustice to Myself and I have made it
unlawful between you, so do not wrong one another. O My slaves! All of you are
misguided except those that I guide, so seek My guidance and I will guide you. O
My slaves! All of you are hungry except those that I feed so ask me for food and
I will feed you. O My slaves! All of you are naked except those that I clothe so
ask me for clothing and I will clothe you. O My slaves! You make mistakes by
night and by day and I forgive all wrong actions so ask for My forgiveness and I
will forgive you. O My slaves! You will never attain to My harm so as to be able
to harm Me and you will never attain to My benefit so as to be able benefit Me.
O My slaves! If the first and last of you, all the jinn and all the men among
you, possessed the heart of the most godfearing man among you, that would not
increase My kingdom in any way. O My slaves! If the first and last of you, all
the jinn and all the men among you, possessed the heart of the most evil man
among you, that would not decrease My kingdom in any way. O My slaves! If the
first and last of you, all the jinn and all the men among you, were to stand in
a single place and ask of Me, I could give to every man what he asks without
that decreasing what I have any more than a needle when it enters the sea. O My
slaves! It is your actions for which I call you to account and then repay you in
full. So anyone who finds good should praise Allah and anyone who finds
something else should blame none but himself."

Sa'id said, "When Abu Idris related this hadith, he knelt."

Muslim related it and we related it from Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, may Allah
have mercy on him, who said, "The people of Syria do not have any hadith nobler
than this hadith."

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

Find the true guidance through read Quran online, and full fill your deputy to learn Quran online  because holy Quran online is the guidance for all the men kind and Allah speaks the truth so follow the things which Allah messenger prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) have thought us and for Muslim who want to Listen Quran online, for the top reciters from quran blog Quran Recitation Mishary bin Rashid

Mishary bin Rashid with Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

Mishary bin Rashid with Urdu Translation

Quran recitation sudais

Quran recitation Sudais & Shuraym English Quran Recitation of Naeem Sultan

Sudais, Shuraym with Urdu Translation

Quran Recitation Quri Abdul Basit

Quri Abdul Basit With Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

AbdulBaset AbdulSamad, Urdu Translation

No comments: