Monday, March 21, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - The excellence of the weak, poor and obscure Muslims - Hadith

 

Chapter: On the
excellence of the weak, poor and obscure Muslims

Allah Almighty says, "Restrain yourself with those who call on
their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face, and let not thine eyes pass
beyond them."
(18:28)

252. Haritha ibn Wahb said, "I heard the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Shall I
inform you about the people of the Garden? All who are weak and thought to be
weak. If they were to take an oath by Allah, Allah would carry it out Shall I
tell you about the people of the Fire? All those who are coarse, domineering,
and arrogant.'" [Agreed upon]

253. Abu'l-'Abbas Sahl ibn Sa'd as-Sa'idi said, "A man passed by the Prophet,
may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who said to the man who was sitting
with him, 'What do you think of this one?' He replied, 'A man who is one of our
nobles. This man, by Allah, if he proposes marriage, his proposal is accepting,
and if he intercedes his intercession would be granted.' The Messenger of Allah,
may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was silent. Then another man passed by
and the Messenger of Allah asked him, 'What do you think of this one?' He
answered, 'O Messenger of Allah, this is just one of the poor Muslims. If he
were to propose marriage, his proposal would not be worth accepting, and if he
were to intercede, his intercession would not be granted, and if he were to
speak, his words would not be listened to.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, said, 'This one is better than the whole earth
full of the first one." [Agreed upon]

254. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "The Garden and the Fire had an argument. The Fire said,
'I contain the arrogant and the proud,' and the Garden said, 'I contain the weak
and the poor.' So Allah decided between them, 'You, the Garden, are My mercy. I
show mercy through you to whomever I wish. You, the Fire, are My punishment. I
punish by you whomever I wish. Both of you will be filled by Me.'" [Muslim]

255. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "On the Day of Rising, a great, hefty man will be
brought forward who is not worth the weight of a gnat's wing in the sight of
Allah." [Agreed upon]

256. Abu Hurayra also reported that a black woman or youth used to sweep the
mosque. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, missed
her and asked after her or him. They said, "She died." He said, "Why did you not
inform me?" It was as if they thought little of her or him. He said, "Show me
the grave." They directed him to it and he prayed over it. Then he said, "These
graves are filled with darkness surrounding their inhabitants. Allah Almighty
illuminates them for them by my praying over them." [Agreed upon]

257. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "There is many an unkempt person, driven away from
doors, but if he were to swear an oath by Allah, He would fulfil it." [Muslim]

258. Usama reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said, "I stood at the entrance to the Garden and most of the people who
entered it were the poor whereas the people of wealth were held back. The people
of the Fire were ordered to the Fire, and I stood at the entrance to the Fire
and most of those who entered it were women." [Agreed upon]

259. Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said, "Only three people talked in their cradles: 'Isa son of Maryam and
the companion of Jurayj. Jurayj was a man of assiduous worship who went to live
in a hermitage. While he was there, his mother came while he was praying and
said, 'Jurayj!' He said, 'O Lord, my mother or my prayer!' He continued in his
prayer and she went away. The next day she came while he was praying and she
said, 'Jurayj!' He again said, 'O Lord, my mother or my prayer!' He continued in
his prayer and she went away. The next day she came while he was praying and she
said, 'Jurayj!' He said, 'O Lord, my mother or my prayer!' He continued in his
prayer.She said, 'O Allah, do not let him die without having looked into the
face of a prostitute!' Jurayj and his worship became a subject of discussion
among the Children of Israel and among them was a wanton woman whose beauty was
proverbial. She said, 'If you like, I will seduce him.' She displayed herself to
him, but he did not look at her. She went to a shepherd who had taken shelter in
his hermitage and offered herself to him. He had intercourse with her and she
became pregnant. When she gave birth, she said, 'It is from Jurayj.' They went
to him and forced him down from his hermitage, demolished it, and began to beat
him. He said, 'What is wrong with you?' They said, 'You committed fornication
with this prostitute and she has given birth to your child.' He said, 'Where is
the child?' They brought him and he said, 'Let me pray first.' He prayed and
when he had finished, the child was brought and put in his lap. He said, 'Boy,
who is your father?' The boy said, 'So-and-so the shepherd.' They began to kiss
Jurayj and stroke him. They said, 'We will build you a hermitage of gold.' He
said, 'No, rebuild it from clay as it was before.' They did this.

"While a child was feeding from its mother, a man of good appearance passed
by riding a fast mount. She said, 'O Allah, make my son like this man.' He left
the breast and turned to look at him and said, 'O Allah, do not make me like
him.' Then he turned back to the breast and began to feed." It is as if I could
see the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, describing
his feeding by putting his forefinger in his house and sucking it. He said,
"Then they brought along a slavegirl and were beating her, saying, 'You
committed fornication and stole.' She was saying, 'Allah is enough for me and
the best guardian!' His mother said, 'O Allah, do not make my son like her!' He
stopped feeding and looked at her and said, 'O Allah, make me like her.' They
began to talk together and she said, 'A man of handsome appearance passed by and
I said, '"O Allah, make my son like him!" and you said, "O Allah, do not make me
like him." Then they brought this slavegirl whom they were beating, saying, "You
committed fornication and stole." I said, "O Allah, do not make my son like
her!" and you said, "O Allah, make me like her."' He said, 'That man was a
tyrant, so I said, "O Allah, do not make me like him!" They said to this woman,
"You committed adultery" when she had not, and "you stole" when she had not
stolen, so I said, "O Allah, make me like her."'" [Agreed upon]

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

Find the true guidance through read Quran online, and full fill your deputy to learn Quran online  because holy Quran online is the guidance for all the men kind and Allah speaks the truth so follow the things which Allah messenger prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) have thought us and for Muslim who want to Listen Quran online, for the top quran reciters from quran blog Quran Recitation Mishary bin Rashid

Mishary bin Rashid with Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

Mishary bin Rashid with Urdu Translation

Quran recitation sudais

Quran recitation Sudais & Shuraym English Quran Recitation of Naeem Sultan

Sudais, Shuraym with Urdu Translation

Quran Recitation Quri Abdul Basit

Quri Abdul Basit With Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

AbdulBaset AbdulSamad, Urdu Translation

No comments: