Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Soundness of the hadeeth “Sincerity is one of My secret blessings”

 

What is the soundness of the hadeeth qudsi, “Sincerity is one of My secret blessings, which I have instilled in the heart of those whom I love among My slaves?”

Praise be to Allaah.
 

 

This hadeeth is da’eef jiddan (very weak) or mawdoo’
(fabricated). 

It was narrated by al-Qazweeni in his Musalsalaat, as
al-Iraaqi said in Takhreej Ihyaa’ ‘Uloom al-Deen, 4/365, from the
hadeeth of Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him). But its isnaad
includes Ahmad ibn ‘Ataa’ al-Hujaymi and ‘Abd al-Wahid ibn Zayd, both of
whom are matrook (i.e., their hadeeth is not accepted). 

It was also narrated by al-Daylami in Musnad al-Firdaws,
3/187, from ‘Ali and Ibn ‘Abbaas. 

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari, 4/109, (it
is) a waahin jiddan hadeeth (i.e., very flims

No comments: