Thursday, August 18, 2011

He feels like a stranger among his family and relatives who are sinful, and he wants some advice

 

I am a Muslim and I live in Bangladesh. My father died when I was eight years old. My mother and all the members of my family and relatives do not adhere to Islamic hijab. This is the reason why I never visit any of my relatives when they invite me to their houses. Most of my relatives who are young like me do not pray the daily prayers. They say: Allah divided His mercy into one hundred parts and He kept ninety-nine parts of it with Him. They mean that if they pray the Eid prayer only, Allah will forgive them. I know myself the hadeeths about the prayer, and I tried to tell them that they are very illogical and following the whims and desires of their own selves only. How should I deal with relatives like these, because all my relatives are like this? Because I have stopped going to their houses when they invite me, they call me unsociable. How should I respond to these people who have no logic and reason, who are following their whims and desires only? How should I deal with my mother and younger brother, because they watch Hindi movies on television and they listen to songs and music on [some channel]. My brother prays whenever he wants to, sometimes he prays five times and sometimes not at all.

No comments: