Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - On what is said in the presence of a dead person Hadith

Chapter: On what is said in the
presence of a dead person

920. Umm Salama said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, said, 'When you are with a sick person or dead person, speak well.
The angels say 'Amen' to what you say.'" She said, "When Abu Salama died, I went
to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of
Allah, Abu Salama has died.' He said, 'Say: "O Allah, forgive me and him, and
give me a good replacement for him."' I said, 'Allah gave me instead one who was
better for me than him - Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.'"
[Muslim]

Muslim related "When you are with a sick person or a dead person" with
uncertainty. Abu Dawud and others related it with "dead person" without
uncertainty.

921. Umm Salama said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, say, 'There is no slave who is afflicted by a calamity and
then says, 'We belong to Allah and to Him we return. O Allah, give me a reward
for my calamity and give me something better to replace it,' without Allah
Almighty rewarding him for his affliction and granting him something better in
its place.'" She said, "Abu Salama died and I said as the Messenger of Allah
commanded me, and Allah did give me something better in his place - the
Messenger of Allah." [Muslim]

922. Abu Musa reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "When His slave's child dies, Allah Almighty says to His
angels, 'You have taken the child of My slave?' They say, 'Yes.' He says, 'You
took the darling of his heart?' They say, 'Yes.' He says, 'What did My slave
say?' They say, 'He praised Allah and said, "To Allah we return."' Allah
Almighty says, 'Build My slave a house in the Garden and call it the House of
Praise.'" [at-Tirmidhi]

923. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "Allah Almighty says, 'The Garden is the reward for
My believing slave when I take his best friend among the people of this world
and he hopes to be rewarded for it." [al-Bukhari]

924. Usama ibn Zayd said, "One of the daughters of the Prophet, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, sent a message to him informing him that one of
her children - or sons - was dying. He said to the messenger, 'Return to her and
inform her that what Allah takes is His and what He gives is His. Everything has
a fixed term with Him, so she should show fortitude and expect a reward.'"
[Agreed upon]

Important note to learn and read quran online

Learn Quran Online is one of the contemporary styles of reading and learning Quran online. If you have been facing issues in teaching Quran to your young ones, you have your problems solved now learning Quran online is easy for yourself as well and at the same time, your kids can also benefit from it. and listen quran online from online quran reciter and practice to learn holy quran online with the tajweed and be perfect to reading quran online its not a wonder now its on your door step just a click away and you are there

No comments: