Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - Hope Hadith

 

 

Chapter: On
Hope

Allah Almighty says, "Say: 'My slaves, you who have
transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly
Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful,"

(W39:50; H39:53) and the Almighty says, "Are any but the ungrateful repaid
like this?"
(34:17)

The Almighty says, "It has been revealed to us that
punishment is for him who denies the truth and and turns away,"
(W20:47;
H20:48)

and the Almighty says, "My Mercy extends to all things."
(7:156)

412. 'Ubada ibn as-Samit reported that the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Whoever testifies that
there is no god but Allah alone with no partner and that Muhammad is His slave
and Messenger and that 'Isa is the slave of Allah and His Messenger and a word
which He cast into Maryam and a spirit from Him and that the Garden is real and
the Fire is real will enter the Garden whatever his actions." [Agreed upom]

In a variant of Muslim, "Allah will make Fire forbidden to anyone who
testifies that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of
Allah."

413. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said, "Allah the Mighty and Exalted, says, 'Anyone who comes with a good
action will have ten like it or more. If anyone comes with a wrong action, the
repayment of a wrong action is a wrong action like it or I will forgive him. If
anyone approaches Me by a hand-span, I come to him an arm-span. If anyone
approaches Me by an arm-span, I come to him two arm spans. If anyone approaches
Me walking, I come to him running. If anyone meets Me with mistakes equivalent
in weight to the whole earth, having not associated anything with Me, I will
meet him with the same amount of forgiveness." [Muslim]

414. Jabir said, "A bedouin came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah, what things are obligatory?' He
said, 'Anyone who dies without associating anything with Allah will enter the
Garden and anyone who dies associating something else with Him will enter the
Fire.'" [Muslim]

415. Anas said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was
riding with Mu'adh behind him. He said, 'Mu'adh!' He replied, 'At your service,
Messenger of Allah.' He said, 'Mu'adh!' He replied, 'At your service, Messenger
of Allah' three times. Then the Prophet said, 'There is no one who testifies
that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah,
sincerely from his heart, without Allah making it unlawful for the Fire to touch
him.' Mu'adh said, 'Messenger of Allah, shall I tell the people that so that
they can rejoice?' He said, 'Then they will rely on it.' Mu'adh related it when
he was dying, fearing to commit a wrong action [by concealing the knowledge]."
[Agreed upon]

416. Abu Hurayra or Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (the transmitter is unsure, but doubt
does not detract from the specific Companion since they are all completely
sound) said, "On the Tabuk expedition, the people were suffering from hunger and
said, 'Messenger of Allah. if you were to permit us to do it, we would slaughter
our camels and eat them and use their fat.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Do it.' 'Umar came and said, 'Messenger of
Allah, if you do this, there will be few backs to carry us. Rather ask them to
bring what is left of their provisions and then pray to Allah over them for
blessing for them. Perhaps Allah will put blessing into them.' The Messenger of
Allah said, 'Yes.' He called for a leather mat and spread it out and then he
called for their left-over provisions. One man would bring a handful of millet
and another would bring a handful of dates and another would bring a piece of
bread until a few things like that were gathered on the mat. Then the Messenger
of Allah made supplication for blessing and said, 'Put it in your containers.'
They put it in their containers until every container in the army was full. They
ate until they were satisfied and there was still some left over. The Messenger
of Allah said, 'I testify that there is no god but Allah and that I am the
Messenger of Allah. No slave who meets Allah with these two, without doubting
them, will be veiled from the Garden.'" [Muslim]

417. 'Itban ibn Malik, one of those who were present at Badr, said, "I used
to lead my people, the Banu Salim, in the prayer, but when the rains came, a
river used to come between me and them. It was hard for me to cross to their
mosque, so I went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, and said to him, 'My eyesight is weak and when it rains, the water flows
in the river bed between me and my people so that it is hard for me to cross it.
I would very much like you to come and pray in my house so that I can make it a
prayer-place." The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said to him "I will do that.' The following day when the sun was well up, the
Messenger of Allah and Abu Bakr came and the Messenger of Allah asked for
permission to enter and I gave him permission. He did not sit down but said,
"Where in your house would you like me to pray?" I indicated to him the place
where I liked to prayer. The Messenger of Allah stood and said the takbir, and
we formed rows behind him. He prayed two rak'ats and then said the
taslim. We said the taslim when he said it. I persuaded him to eat a dish
of khazira which had been prepared for him. Quite a number of men from
our clan had gathered in the house and one man said, 'What has happened to
Malik? I do not see him.' Another man said, 'That man is a hypocrite who does
not love Allah and His Messenger.' The Messenger of Allah said, 'Do not say
that. Do you not see that he has said, "There is no god but Allah," desiring by
that only the face of Allah?' The man said, 'Allah and His Messenger know best.
By Allah, we have only seen that his love and speech is for the hypocrites.' The
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Allah has
forbidden the Fire for anyone who says "There is no god but Allah" desiring by
that the face of Allah.'" [Agreed upon]

Khazira is flour cooked with fat.

418. 'Umar ibn al-Khattab said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, was brought some captives and there was a woman among them
who was running about. When she found a child among the captives, she took it
and brought it close to her and suckled it. The Messenger of Allah said, 'Can
you imagine this woman casting her child into the Fire?' We said, 'No, by
Allah.' He said, 'Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this woman is to her
child.'" [Agreed upon]

419. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "When Allah created creation, He wrote in a book
which is with Him above the Throne, 'My mercy predominates over My anger.'"

In one variant, "Predominated over My anger," and in one variant, "preceded
My anger." [Agreed upon]

420. Abu Hurayra said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah say, 'Allah divided
mercy into a hundred parts and He kept back ninety-nine parts with Himself and
left one part on the earth. It is from this part that creatures show mercy to
one another so that an animal lifts its hoof from its young fearing to hurt
them.'"

In one variant, "Allah Almighty has a hundred mercies out of which He sent
down one mercy among jinn, men, beasts and insects by which they show affection
to one another and by which they show mercy to one another and by which wild
animals show mercy to their young. Allah Almighty has held back ninety-nine of
the mercies and will show them to His slaves on the Day of Rising." [Agreed
upon]

Muslim also related it from Salman al-Farisi who said that the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah Almighty has a
hundred mercies. One of them is the mercy by which creatures show mercy to one
another, and ninety-nine are for the Day of Rising."

In one variant, "On the day He created the heavens and the earth, Allah
Almighty created a hundred mercies, each mercy equal to what is between the
heaven and the earth, and He put one mercy on the earth by which a mother has
compassion for her child and wild animals and birds for each other. On the Day
of Rising, He will perfect them with this mercy.

421. Abu Hurayra reported from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, in what he relates from his Lord, Blessed and Exalted, who said, "A slave
did a wrong action and said, 'O Allah, forgive me my wrong action!' Allah,
Blessed and Exalted, said, 'My slave committed a wrong action and then
acknowledged that he had a Lord who forgives wrong action and punishes wrong
action.' The slave again committed a wrong action and said, 'O Lord, forgive me
my wrong action.' Allah, Blessed and Exalted, said, 'My slave committed a wrong
action and then acknowledged that he had a Lord who forgives wrong action and
punishes wrong action.' The slave again committed a wrong action and said, 'O
Lord, forgive me my wrong action.' Allah, Blessed and Exalted, said, 'My slave
committed a wrong action and then acknowledged that he had a Lord who forgives
wrong action and punishes wrong action. I have forgiven My slave so let him do
what he likes.'" [Agreed upon]

"Let him do what he likes" means as long as he does this. He commits a wrong
action and repents and I forgive him. Repentance wipes out what is before it."

422. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, said, "By the One in whose hand my life is, if you had not
sinned, Allah would have removed you and brought other people who did commit
wrong actions and asked for the forgiveness of Allah Almighty so that He could
forgive them." [Muslim]

423. Abu Ayyub Khalid ibn Zayd said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'If you had not sinned, Allah would
have created other creatures who did sin and ask forgiveness so He could forgive
them.'" [Muslim]

424. Abu Hurayra said, "We were sitting waiting for the Messenger of Allah,
and Abu Bakr and 'Umar and some others were with us. The Messenger of Allah, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, got up from among us and then was slow in
returning to us and we were afraid that something had happened to him while he
was not with us. We were alarmed and got up. I was the first to be alarmed and I
went out to look for the Messenger of Allah and I came upon him in a garden
belonging to the Ansar" ­ and he mentioned the hadith in its entirety until
he said ­ "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said, 'Go and give the good news of the Garden to whoever you meet in front of
this garden who testifies that "There is no god but Allah", his heart being
certain of it.'" [Muslim]

425. 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, recited the words of Allah, the Mighty and Exalted,
about Ibrahim, peace be upon him, "My Lord! They have misguided many of
mankind. If anyone follows me, he is with me"
(W14:38; H14:37) and the words
of 'Isa, peace be upon him, "If You punish them, they are Your slaves. If You
forgive them, You are the Almighty, the All-Wise."
(W5:120; H5:119) Then he
raised his hands and said, "O Allah! My community! My community!" and he wept.
Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, said, "Jibril! Go to Muhammad, and your Lord
knows best, and ask him what is making him weep." Jibril came to him and the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, told him what he
had said, and Allah knew it best. Allah Almighty said, "Jibril, Go to Muhammad
and say, 'We will make you happy in respect of your community and we will not
make you sad.'" [Muslim]

426. Mu'adh ibn Jabal said, "I was riding behind the Messenger of Allah, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, on a donkey. He asked, 'Mu'adh, do you know
what is Allah's right on His slaves and the right of the slaves on Allah?' I
replied, 'Allah and His Messenger know best.' He said, 'Allah's right on His
slaves is that they should worship Him and not associate anything with Him. The
slaves' right on Allah is that He will not punish anyone who does not associate
anything with Him.' I said, 'Messenger of Allah, shall I tell the people that so
that they can rejoice?' He said, 'Then they will rely on it.'" [Agreed upon]

427. Al-Bara' ibn 'Azib reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, aid, "When a Muslim is questioned in the grave, he should
testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of
Allah. That is by the words of the Almighty, 'Allah makes those who believe,
firm with the Firm Word in the life of this world and in the Hereafter.'"

(W14:29; H14:28). [Agreed upon]

428. Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, said, "When an unbeliever does a good deed, he enjoys its fruits in
this world. In the case of a believer, Allah Almighty will store up his good
deeds for him in the Next world and will also reward him with provision in this
world because of his obedience."

In one variant, "Allah will not wrong a believer in respect of any good deed
- he gives to him on account it in this world and he rewards him for it in the
Next world. The unbeliever enjoys all the fruits of any good deeds he does for
Allah Almighty in this world so that when he passes to the Next world, he had no
good deeds left for which to be repaid." [Muslim]

429. Jabir reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "The metaphor of the five prayers is that of an sizeable
flowing river at the door of one of you in which he washes five times every
day." [Muslim]

430. Ibn 'Abbas said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, say, 'If forty men, who do not associate anything with
Allah, stand at the grave of any Muslim man who dies, He allows them to
intercede on his behalf." [Muslim]

431. Ibn Mas'ud said, "There were about forty of us with the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in a tent and he said, 'Would
you be content to be a quarter of the people of the Garden?' We said, 'Yes.' He
said, 'Would you be content to be a third of the people of the Garden?' We said,
'Yes.' He said, 'By the One who has the soul of Muhammad in His hand, I hope
that you will be half of the people of the Garden. That is because only a
submitting soul enters the Garden, and compared the people of idolatry, you are
only like a white hair on the hide of a black ox, or like a black hair on the
hide of a red ox.'" [Agreed upon]

432. Abu Musa al-Ash'ari reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, said, "On the Day of Rising, Allah will hand over
a Jew or a Christian to every Muslim and say, 'Here is your redemption from the
Fire." [Muslim]

In another variant from him is that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "Some of the Muslims will be brought on the Day of Rising
with sins the size of mountains and Allah will forgive them."

433. Ibn 'Umar said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, say, 'On the Day of Rising, a believer will be brought near his
Lord until His mercy descends on him and He will ask him to acknowledge his sins
and say, 'Do you confess to such-and-such a sin? Do you confess to such-and-such
a sin?' He will say, 'Lord, I confess.' He will say, 'I veiled it for you in the
world and I forgive you for it today,' and he will be given the page of his good
actions." [Agreed upon]

434. Ibn Mas'ud reported that a man received a kiss from a woman and went to
the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and told him and then
Allah Almighty sent down, "Establish the prayers at each end of the day and
in the first part of the night. Good actions eradicate bad actions."
(11:114) The man said, "Is this for me, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "It is
for all my community." [Agreed upon]

435. Anas said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, and said, 'O Messenger of Allah, I have incurred a
hadd-punishment, so carry it out on me.' It was time for the prayer, so
he prayed with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.
When the prayer was finished, he said, 'O Messenger of Allah, I have incurred a
hadd-punishment, so carry out the prescription of Allah on me.' He said, "Were
you present at the prayer with us?" He said, "Yes." He said, "You have been
forgiven." [Agreed upon]

436. Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, said, "Allah is pleased with the slave who eats some food and then
praises Him for it, or drinks a drink and then praises Him for it." [Muslim]

437. Abu Musa reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said, "Allah Almighty will stretch out His hand during the night, turning
towards the one who did wrong during the day, and stretch out His hand during
the day, turning towards the one who did wrong during the night, until the day
the sun rises from the place it set." [Muslim]

438. Abu Najih 'Amr ibn 'Abasa as-Salami said, "In the time of Jahiliyya, I
used to think that people were astray and did not have anything, since they were
worshipping idols. Then I heard of a man in Makka who was saying certain things.
I seated myself on my mount and went to him. It was the Messenger of Allah, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace, who was keeping out of sight as his people
were being insolent to him. I proceeded in a friendly manner until I managed to
visit him in Makka and said to him, 'What are you?' He said, 'I am a Prophet.' I
said, 'And what is a Prophet?' He said, 'Allah has sent me.' I said, 'And what
has He sent you with?' He said, 'He has sent me with the task of maintaining
ties of kinship, breaking idols and to say that Allah should be proclaimed one
and that nothing should be associated with him.' I said, 'Who is with you in
this?' He said, 'A free man and a slave.' At that time, Abu Bakr and Bilal were
with him. I said, 'I will follow you.' He said, 'You will not be able to do that
at this present time. Do you not see my state and the state of the people?
Rather return to your people. When you hear that I have prevailed, then come to
me.'"

He said, "I went to my people, and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, went to Madina during the time that I was with them. I
began to ask for news and question people when he reached Madina until a group
of the people of Madina came. I said, 'What has this man done who has come to
Madina?' They said, 'People hasten to him. However his own people want to kill
him, but they are unable to do so.' So I went to Madina and went into him and
said, 'Messenger of Allah, do you recognise me?' He said, 'Yes, you are the one
who met me in Makka.'" He said, "I said, 'O Messenger of Allah, tell me some of
what Allah has told you and about which I am ignorant. Tell me about the
prayer.' He said, 'Pray the Subh prayer and then refrain from prayer until the
sun has risen the height of a spear-shaft. It rises between the horns of shaytan
and it is at that time that the unbelievers prostrate to it. Then pray, and that
prayer is witnessed and attended, until the spear no longer has a shadow. Then
refrain from prayer. It is at that time that Hellfire is stoked up. When the
shade comes, then pray, and the prayer is witnessed and attended, until you have
prayed the 'Asr prayer. Then refrain from the prayer until the sun sets. It sets
between the horns of shaytan and at that time the unbelievers prostrate to it.'"

He said, 'I said, 'O Prophet of Allah, tell me about wudu'.' He said,
'There is no man among you who is brought his wudu' water and rinses his mouth
and sniffs up water and blows it out without the errors of his face and mouth
and nose falling away. Then when he washes his face as Allah has commanded the
errors of his face fall away with the water from the end of his beard. Then when
he washes his hands to the elbows the errors of his hands fall away from the
ends of his fingers with the water. Then he wipes his head and the errors of his
head fall away from the ends of his hair with the water. Then he washes his feet
to the ankles and the errors of his feet fall away from his toes with the water.
If he stands up and prays and praises Allah Almighty and lauds Him and glorifies
Him in the way that He deserves and devotes his heart to Allah Almighty and he
abandons his error he will be as he was on the day his mother bore him.'"

'Amr ibn 'Abasa related this hadith to Abu Umama, the Companion of the
Messenger of Allah and Abu Umama said to him, "'Amr ibn 'Abasa! Take care about
saying at one time so much about what a man is given." 'Amr said, "Abu Umama, I
am old and my bones are weak and my end is near and I have no need to ascribe a
lie to Allah Almighty nor to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace. If I had only heard it from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, once, twice, three times - until he counted seven
times - I would never have related it. But I heard it from him more times than
that." [Muslim]

439. Abu Musa al-Ash'ari reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace, said, "When Allah Almighty desires mercy for a nation, he takes
its Prophet before it and makes him a predecessor of it and a forerunner before
it, When he wants to destroy a nation, He punishes them while their Prophet is
still alive. He destroys it while he is alive and looking on and his eye is
delighted by its destruction because they denied him and disobeyed his command."
[Muslim]

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

The true knowledge of Islam is in reading quran online  and bring the true succeed in to our daily life we should learn holy quran online as much as we could and not just in Arabic but try to understand the meaning of it so when ever we listen to quran online we can understand the Koran and learn how to read quran online it gives us the guidance to bring the purity in to our life with the true way and also spread the word of Islam and its knowledge to all over the world find  holy quran reciter and more Islamic articles in this learning quran blog and feel free to spread it further as much as you could

No comments: