Monday, March 21, 2011

Riyad as-Salihin - Command to deliver trusts - Hadith

Chapter: On the
command to deliver trusts

Allah Almighty says, "Allah commands you to return to their
owners the things you hold on trust,"
(W4:57; H4:58)

and the Almighty
says, "We offered the Trust to the heavens, the earth and the mountains,
but they refused to take it on and shrank from it. But man took it on. He is
indeed wrongdoing and ignorant."
(33:72)

199. Abu Hurayra
reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said, "There are three signs of a hypocrite: whenever he speaks, he lies;
whenever he makes a promise, he breaks it; and whenever he is trusted, he
betrays his trust." [Agreed upon]

In one variant, "Even if he fasts and prays and claims that he is a Muslim."

200. Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him
and grant him peace, related two hadiths to us. I have seen one of them come
about and am still waiting for the other. He related to us that trustworthiness
had descended into the hearts of men. Then the Qur'an descended and they knew it
from the Qur'an and they knew it from the Sunna. Then he related that
trustworthiness would be removed, and he said, 'A man will go to sleep and
trustworthiness will be taken from his heart and its trace will remain like a
small mark. Then he will go to sleep and trustworthiness will be taken from his
heart and its trace will remain like a weal, as when an ember rolls onto his
foot and it blisters up and you see it raised up with nothing in it.' Then he
took some pebbles and rolled them onto his foot. 'And people will continue to
trade but practically no one will fulfill his trust, to such a point that it
will be said, "There is a trustworthy man among the Banu so-and-so!" and until
it will be said of a man, "How tough he is! How elegant! How intelligent!" when
he does not have a mustard-grain of belief in his heart.' There was a time when
I did not care who I did business with. If he was a Muslim, his deen was
sufficient assurance for me, and if he was a Christian or a Jew, his guardian
was sufficient assurance for me. Today I only do business with so-and-so and
so-and-so among you." [Agreed upon]

201. Hudhayfa and Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah
bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, will
gather the people together, and the believers will stand until the Garden is
brought near to them and then they will go to Adam, may the blessings of Allah
be upon him, and say, 'O our father, open up the Garden for us!' He will say,
'Were you brought out of the Garden by anything but the error of your father!
That is not in my power. Go to Ibrahim, the Friend of Allah.'" He said, "They
will go to Ibrahim and Ibrahim will say, 'That is not in my power. I was only a
friend. That degree is far beyond me. Go to Musa to whom Allah spoke directly.'
They will go to Musa and he will say, 'That is not in my power. Go to 'Isa, the
Word of Allah and His Spirit.' 'Isa will say, 'That is not in my power.' They
will go to Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he will stand
and will be granted permission. Trust and kinship will be released and will
stand on either side of the Sirat, right and left. The first of them will pass
over like lightning." I said, "May my father and mother be your ransom, what is
passing like lightning?" He said, "Haven't you seen how it comes and goes in the
blink of an eye? Then they will pass like the wind, then pass like birds. The
strongest of men will be carried by their actions while their Prophet will be on
the Sirat, saying, 'O Lord, grant safety, grant safety,' until the actions of
the slaves are no longer sufficient and a man is brought who can only cross
crawling. On the sides of the Sirat there are hooks hanging which are commanded
to catch hold of particular people. Anyone who is scratched is safe but anyone
who is hooked is in the Fire.' By the One in whose hand is the soul of Abu
Hurayra, the bottom of Jahannam is seventy years deep." [Muslim]

202. Abu Khubayb 'Abdullah ibn az-Zubayr said, "When az-Zubayr stood awaiting
the Battle of the Camel, he called me over and I went to his side. He said, 'O
my son, no one will be killed today except someone wronging or someone wronged.
I think that I will be killed today as one of the wronged. One of my greatest
concerns is my debts. Do you think that any of our property will remain after
out debts are settled?' He said, 'O my son! Sell our property and pay my
debts!.' Then he willed a third, and a third of it was for his sons, i.e. the
sons of 'Abdullah ibn az-Zubayr. He said, 'A third of the third. If anything is
left over of our property after paying the debts, then a third of it is for your
children.' (Hisham said, "Some of the sons of 'Abdullah were the same age as the
sons of az-Zubayr: Khubayb and 'Abbad. At that time he had nine sons and nine
daughters.")" 'Abdullah said, "My father began to order me concerning his debt
and say, 'O my son, if you are unable to settle any of it, then ask my Master
for help in doing it." He said, "By Allah, I did not know what he meant so I
said, 'O my father, who is your Master?' He said, 'Allah.'" He said, "Whenever I
ran into a difficulty regarding his debt I said, 'O Master of az-Zubayr! Pay his
debt for him!' and He would settle it. Az-Zubayr, may Allah be pleased with him,
was killed without leaving a dinar or a dirham, but only two pieces of land, one
of which was al-Ghaba, and eleven houses in Madina, two in Basra, one in Kufa,
and one in Egypt." He said, "The debt that he owed resulted from people bringing
him money to leave in his keeping. Az-Zubayr would say, 'No, let it rather be a
loan, for otherwise I fear that it might get lost.' He was never appointed to a
government post of any kind nor to the collection of land-tax (kharaj) nor
anything else. What he had came only from expeditions with the Prophet, or with
Abu Bakr, 'Umar and 'Uthman."

'Abdullah ibn az-Zubayr said, "When I worked out the debt he owed, I found it
to be two million and two hundred thousand." Hakim ibn Hizam met 'Abdullah ibn
az-Zubayr and said, "Nephew, how large a debt does my brother have?" I concealed
it and said, "A hundred thousand." Hakim said, "By Allah, I do not think that
your property will cover this amount." 'Abdullah said, "What would you think if
it were two million and two hundred thousand?" He said, "I do not think you will
be able to pay this. If you are unable to cover any of it, then ask me for
help."

He said, "Az-Zubayr had purchased al-Ghaba for one hundred and seventy
thousand, and 'Abdullah sold it for one million and six hundred thousand. Then
he stood up and said, 'Anyone who is owed anything by az-Zubayr should come to
us at al-Ghaba.' 'Abdullah ibn Ja'far came to him, and az-Zubayr owed him four
hundred thousand. He said to 'Abdullah. 'If you like, I will forgo it.'
'Abdullah said, 'No.' He said, 'If you like, you can delay payment if you want
to.' 'Abdullah said, 'No.'" He said, "He said, 'So allocate me a piece of land.'
'Abdullah said, 'You can have from here to there.' 'Abdullah sold some of it and
paid his debts in full and there remained four and a half shares of the land. He
went to Mu'awiya while 'Amr ibn 'Uthman, al-Mundhir ibn az-Zubayr and Ibn Zam'a
were with him. Mu'awiya said, 'How much have you valued al-Ghaba at?' He said,
'Each share at a hundred thousand.' He said, 'How much remains?' He said, 'Four
and half shares.' Al-Mundhir ibn az-Zubayr said, 'I will take a share for a
hundred thousand.' 'Amr ibn 'Uthman said, 'I will take a share for a hundred
thousand.' Ibn Zam'a said, 'I will take a share for a hundred thousad.' Mu'awiya
said, 'How much remains?' He said, 'A share and a half.' He said, 'I will take
them for one hundred and fifty thousand.'"

He said, "'Abdullah ibn Ja'far later sold his share to Mu'awiya for sixty
thousand. When Ibn az-Zubayr finishing settling his debts, the sons of az-Zubayr
said, 'Distribute our inheritance between us.' He said, 'No, by Allah, I will
not distribute it until I have made this announcement for four years during the
hajj festival: 'Anyone who has a debt owed him by az-Zubayr should come to us
and we will settle it.'" He said, "He announced that every year at the festival
and when the four years were up, he distributed it between them. Az-Zubayr had
four wives and after the prescribed third was removed, each wife got a million
and two hundred thousand. So the total amount of his property was fifty million
and two hundred thousand." [al-Bukhari]

Important note to learn and read quran online

 

Find the true guidance through read Quran online, and full fill your deputy to learn Quran online  because holy Quran online is the guidance for all the men kind and Allah speaks the truth so follow the things which Allah messenger prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) have thought us and for Muslim who want to Listen Quran online, for the top quran reciters from quran blog Quran Recitation Mishary bin Rashid

Mishary bin Rashid with Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

Mishary bin Rashid with Urdu Translation

Quran recitation sudais

Quran recitation Sudais & Shuraym English Quran Recitation of Naeem Sultan

Sudais, Shuraym with Urdu Translation

Quran Recitation Quri Abdul Basit

Quri Abdul Basit With Ibrahim Walk English Quran Recitation

AbdulBaset AbdulSamad, Urdu Translation

No comments: